A practical guide to an engineering manager's first 90 days.
This book is targeted for engineering managers, those who are transitioning or have recently transitioned from an engineering role into management. I help managers do their jobs with more confidence, so they can maximize their impact and gain more satisfaction from their work. Life is too short to be frustrated by workplace challenges that go unresolved. I believe that the more confident we are about our roles, the better positioned we are to support our teams and thrive in our work. Whether you are new to management or a seasoned manager looking to further enhance your skillset, I’m here to support you on your management journey.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Get Up to Speed Quickly
- Your Supervisor’s Style and Preferences
- Gaining Goal Clarity
- Communicating with Management and Your Team
- Understanding Employee Strengths, Goals and Challenges
- Aligning Learning Opportunities with Expectations
- Owning Your Development and Performance
- Collaborators, Supporters and Detractors
- Partnering with Your Peers
- Modeling the Way for Employees
- Knowing Your Numbers
- Setting Goals with Employees
- Inheriting Underperforming Employees
Being Strategic, Tactical or Operational
Hello! My name is Tuesday Strong. I am a management coach for engineers and technical professionals. I also offer professional development support via webinars and e-books. I help technical professionals strengthen their foundational skills and management abilities.
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
14 Chapters with How-to Content, 53 Pages, Actionable Advice & Techniques for Engineering Managers (in PDF and ePUB)